In order to enter, you need to fill out the submission form and upload your song/video file.
While we certainly recognize that there are musicians over the age of 35 who are emerging, this specific Program is only open to individuals who, at the start of the Program on June 5, 2023, are aged 15 to 35.
In the case of a group or band submission, each individual must be between the ages of 15 – 35 at the at the start of the Program (June 5, 2023) for the group or band to be eligible to participate in the Program.
- Devoting a minimum of 24 hours per week to their pursuit of their music career.
- Being enrolled in, or having recently graduated from, a music related course and/or degree/diploma program.
- Having a small history of presentation or publication.
- Demonstrating a commitment to devoting more time to artistic activity.
Online Submissions will be reviewed by Canada’s Walk of Fame’s 2023 RBC Emerging Musician Program judging panel. The members of this panel shall be selected by Canada’s Walk of Fame in its absolute discretion and will include, but not be limited to music industry executives, established artists, and Canada’s Walk of Fame Board.
Once the submission period opens on June 5th, you have until Sunday, July 16th at 11:59 pm ET to submit your song.
The winners will be announced in the fall of 2023.
There is one (1) Grand Prize Winner, one (1) Second Prize Winner, and three (3) Third Prize Winners, also known as Finalists.
- Cash Prizes
- In-Person or Virtual Mentorship with Canada’s Walk of Fame Inductee or Honouree (To be announced)
- Mentorship opportunities with Music Industry Professionals
- One Creative Workshop at ARTHAUS in Toronto
- One Showcase Opportunity and one Festival Access Pass to Canadian Music Week 2024
- One Showcase Opportunity at Festival du Voyageur in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- $2,000 of Financial Support for a Live-Off-the-Floor Performance Video Produced in the Winner’s Hometown
- Private Studio Recording Time at Metalworks Studios (Strictly for Grand Prize Winner)
- Dedicated Artist Page on Canada’s Walk of Fame RBC Emerging Musician Program Website
Full details can be found in our rules and regulations.
Of course, however we do ask that you check the following before reaching out:
- Please ensure that you have filled out all required fields. This includes checking the boxes that confirm your age and that you’ve read the rules and regulations prior to submitting.
- Please ensure you have a good and stable internet connection.
- Please ensure there isn’t a loading icon beside or below the submit button.
If you are still having issues, send us an email at: email@example.com with RBC Emerging Musician Program Technical Issue in the subject line.